Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Langlab

I'm not sure what Langlab is. I may be a little too old.



Here's what I know: it is located in a (now no longer) abandoned warehouse on High St, it regularly hosts interesting, dynamic and forward-looking music groups, plays, and, more generally, "events", it is the home to the tasting room of Zen Cafe, an excellent coffee supplier run by local roasters who personally source their coffee beans using best ethical practices (see a nice review from The Observer here), and overall it is probably the most creative yet hard to define space in South Bend.

I went there last year for the first performance of the newly-created South Bend Lyric Opera. They put on La Boheme with the set scattered among the seats, the singers weaving in and out among the audience members. It was the most intimate and compelling La Boheme I have every seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment